“Taming Disruptive Behavior”
Taming Disruptive Behavior
William “Marty” Martin, Psy.D., and Phillip Hemphill, PhD
126 pages ©2013
Disruptive behavior can happen in any workplace, but when it hits health care organizations, it can have dramatic impacts on patient care. In this definitive book by two expert therapists who’ve studied all aspects of disruptive behavior, you’ll learn not only how to recognize it, but also practical ways to deal with it. Taming Disruptive Behavior is a must-have book for health care professionals. The book looks at critical issues such as:
- The impact, costs, and risks of disruptive behavior
- How to prevent disruptive behavior
- How to address disruptive behavior from a leadership and organizational perspective
- What are the special considerations when working with physicians?
- What are the special considerations when dealing with nurses and other members of the care team?
- What are the special considerations when dealing with sexual misconduct at work?
- What is the role of human resources, the legal department, patient safety, quality management, risk management, and medical staff?